Monday, May 30, 2011

Some sciatica and discomfort.

It's been happening for a couple of weeks. I've had some serious discomfort when I started training for my restaurant position. I'd be standing up for extended periods of time and I would experience sciatica down both my legs and had very tired lower back (more bony pain than muscular).

I'm not sure what has caused this but it could be all the things I did for spring break. That was me overdoing myself and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

I'll let you know how things progress.

6 comments:

  1. Eick. Hoping it's just some "getting used to" the new work you're performing, and will resolve quickly. Lord knows you didn't go through all of this to have continued pain anyway. Wearing good shoes? (The mom in me talking!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Take it easy Mike. Hopefully those pains will go away soon. I would imagine that it would take a good year for you to heal completely. Good luck and keep us posted.

    ~Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second that! Take it easy and I'm sure it will take a while for stuff like that to settle down.

    -Brett

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude! Take it easy!! I hope that this is just a very minor setback and that you are back to feeling like you can take over the world in no time. Do like your doctor says and think long term!!!

    Best,

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's going to be okay. This too shall pass, in time you'll be feeling like your old self. You may need a core strengthening regimen to cope with the rigors of working.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any new updates on that discomfort?

    ReplyDelete