Monday, January 3, 2011

2 Months (61 days) Post-op: Confidence, strength, flexibility

Happy new year's everyone!

Little has changed since my last post in terms of pain. There is a tiny bit of sciatica every once in a while (about once a day for about 2 seconds), and sometimes I feel some pain when bending forward, focused on the vertebrae. It's very minimal, but it reminds me to keep taking it easy.

On the other hand, I feel better than ever. I can lift heavier things (like gallons, etc) comfortably. I can bend forward a little more now (about 40% of my bending limit, and I don't want to go further than this yet).

I am drinking like I used to (socially) without any pain the next day. I am sitting comfortably for very extended periods of time without any of the old pain!

Everything is pointing to a 100% success. Let's wait for the 3-month mark. Let's also wait for the nerves to settle down and heal.
I am getting x-rays done this thursday, December 6th. Let's hope they turn out ok!

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with the x-rays. I bet they are gonna be perfect considering the way you feel so far. :)

    ~Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks kevin! I'll make sure and post them here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quite a pioneer with non FDA approved stem cell treatment followed by a non FDA m6-L. I wish you the absolute best and hope that your intrepid efforts to end your problems are met with great success. I'm trying to decide what to do with a similar situation, and I am grateful for your running posts. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're very welcome! I do my research beforehand and I do trust the opinions of certain experienced doctors. Though I wouldn't the stem cell treatment unless it were covered by insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "non FDA approved" - I happen to work with FDA a lot and FDA is nothing but money making machine. FDA limits and slows down all medical research in this country... I don't even want to get started.
    Just look where all the "celebrities" are having their back surgery... I'll give you a clue... not in US.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting...do you know of any examples of celebrities' back surgeries, what types of surgeries they were (e.g., diskectomy) and where they were done?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know Bono from U2 had back surgery recently done in Germany.

    ReplyDelete