Monday, October 18, 2010

Surgery has been approved by insurance!

I carry Bupa International insurance which I highly highly recommend! Not only do they cover you anywhere in the world, but they don't care about FDA approval processes too much. Not only will they cover 100% of the costs, but they will also provide room and board for my mom!

For those late to the party, I'm getting an M6-L disc replacement in my L4/L5 spine with Mr. Nick Boeree.

I bought my place tickets already and I have hotel reservations nearby. Details on that:

-Continental economy on the way over
-Continental first class on the way back 2 weeks after surgery: with flat seats!
-Flight cost 80,000 miles + $300 in taxes.
-Hotel accommodations in a holiday inn down the road for $120 a night.

Wish me luck! I'll keep you updated with pictures and progress. I'll also try to get some surgical pictures in there!